Here are the top 20 in no particular order:
- It's not cheap. In retrospect, I could've committed to 10 marathons, gained all the benefits and saved a bundle.
- It's ok to walk. So many have finished races ahead of me after walking a lot, and taking selfies.
- Fast runners come in all shapes and sizes, with capes and strollers, etc.
- Racing frequently takes the fun away. 8 in 18 days was too much for me. 4 in 4 weeks is healthy.
- Practice good sportsmanship. I make more friends and learn more by staying for the awarding, even if I don't win anything.
- Running in the rain is fun.